2013 GMC Savana Cargo Adds New Features
- November 6, 2013
- Conversion Van, Conversion Vans, Van Conversion
- Posted by Dave Arbogast Van Depot
- Leave your thoughts
The versatile workhorse GMC Savana Cargo has made some improvements for the 2013 in order to make work easier and a little more accommodating. A navigation radio, rear vision camera, and ultrasonic rear park assist are new for 2013. The features are options for both the LS and LT models. The rear vision camera is displayed conveniently right in the rearview mirror. However, if the vehicle is also equipped with the new navigation radio, the rear vision camera will be displayed right on the radio screen.
The GMC Savana Cargo is available in regular 135-inch or extended 155-inch wheelbase lengths. The 1500 Series vans include light-duty models at 7,300 pounds, the 2500 Series includes heavy-duty models at 8,600 pounds, and the 3500 Series includes full-bodied models at 9,600 pounds. Savana Cargo models are also outfitted with a fuel-saving six-speed automatic transmission, all-wheel drive, and an available 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine that has a B20 biodiesel capability.
Exterior Design Features:
• Black-painted bumpers are standard, chrome front and rear bumps with a chrome grille is available in the chrome appearance package
• Swing-out 60/40-split passenger and driver side doors, with sliding doors a possibility for the passenger side
• Heated and power-adjustable outside folding mirrors, with available turn signal indicators
• Sixteen-inch steel wheels, or seventeen-inch steel wheels for half-ton models
• Ambulance prep and hotel shuffle packages available for buyers
• Wide selection of exterior colors – sand beige metallic, polo green metallic, onyx black, deep blue metallic, steel gray metallic, fire red, summit white, wheatland yellow, and pure silver metallic
Interior Design Features:
• Standard single-zone air conditioning, with the option of rear air conditioning
• Variety of audio systems, including CD/MP3 capability and a USB port for all electronic desires, and SiriusXM Satellite Radio if opted
• Enhanced interior lighting package that includes three access panel lights and two mounted lights in the roof of the cargo area
• Two auxiliary 12-volt outlets in the interior engine cover
• Remote keyless entry and vehicle starter system available
• Leather steering wheel with wheel audio controls
• Custom vinyl or cloth upholstery in either neutral or medium pewter colors
Furthermore, StabiliTrak stability control is standard for all models, along with a trailer rating of up to a whopping 10,000 pounds on the heavy-duty models. Flat and convex exterior mirrors offer a wider field of vision for the driver. Tire pressuring monitoring systems are standard for all models. Safety features, including lap and shoulder belts for the center seats and front air bags are always in every model.
These new features offer a competitive advantage for this GMC Savana Cargo van, along with the pre-existing wide range of features. Thus, these improvements help push it to being one of the best cargo vans on the market today.