Check out our online reviews. Our customers say it best (-:
Roadtrek Class B Vans get great gas mileage but there are some simple ways to get a few miles better. Dave Arbogast Van Depot can help keep your Roadtrek in top shape, ensuring your getting the best MPG’s possible. Take a look at Polk’s top seven steps to better fuel economy. Are you getting the most out of your Roadtrek?
1. Check and replace your air filter if it’s dirty. That’s right, something as simple as a clean air filter can improve your fuel economy up to 10 percent.
2. Checking and adjusting your tire pressure to the proper pressure can increase fuel economy by 3 percent. Of course, it can also prevent premature tire wear, tire failures and blowouts caused by overinflated or underinflated tires. Tires can look normal when they are seriously underinflated. Use a quality air pressure gauge and check your tires when they’re cold, before traveling more than one mile.
3. For each 5 mph you go over 60 mph, you pay 10 cents more per gallon of fuel. So if you’re traveling down the interstate at 70 mph, add 20 cents to the price on the pump. Speeding and rapid acceleration reduces fuel economy from 5 to 33 percent depending on your individual driving habits. Wow, that can add up quick.
4. Keep your Roadtrek tuned up and in top running condition. A poorly tuned engine can lower fuel economy by 10 to 20 percent. Poor emissions and/or a faulty oxygen sensor can cause a 40 percent reduction in fuel economy. Can you believe that, a 40 percent reduction? To have your engine or emissions checked call 1-866-975-3287. Arbogast’s Roadtrek Service Department will be glad keep your systems in top shape.
5. Follow the recommended service and maintenance schedules.
6. Using synthetic oils will increase fuel economy by 2 or more percent.
7. Adding weight that you don’t need reduces fuel economy significantly. We’re all guilty of this one. As a friend once told me, if you haven’t used it in the last six months you don’t need it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Address: 3540 S. Co. Rd. 25A
Troy, Ohio 45373